Terms and Conditions – Disclaimer & Release of Liability
The undersigned hereby acknowledges that they have decided to participate in a one week free online breathwork course, which involves among other things intense breathing exercises. It may cause without limitation the loss of consciousness, dizziness, light headedness, tetany, and tingling sensations which all can pose a danger to my health and well being especially when unsupervised.
The undersigned acknowledges that they will ensure their own proper supervision, monitoring and safeguards, when practicing at home and release and forever discharge Elemental Awakening Media Ltd & Giovanni Bartolomeo from all actions, causes of action, damages, claims, and demands whatsoever arising out of the participation in the breathwork course.
The undersigned acknowledges that they have consulted with their doctor and/or healthcare provide prior to their participation and in particular has discussed without limitation the following risk conditions:
- Detached Retina
- Prior diagnosis by a health professional of bipolar disorder or schizophrenia
- Osteoporosis that is serious enough whereby moving around actively could cause potential issues.
- High Blood Pressure that is not controlled with medication.
- Cardiovascular disease and/or irregularities including prior heart attack
- Family history of aneurysms
- Use of prescription blood thinning medications
- Hospitalization for any psychiatric condition or emotional crisis during the past 10 years.
- Strokes, seizures, TIAs or other brain/neurological condition or disease
- If you have been diagnosed with PTSD, you are required to be in therapy and to get your therapist’s approval to participate before you register
- Any other medical, psychiatric or physical conditions which would impair or affect ability to engage in any activities that involve intense physical and/or emotional release.
- If you are Pregnant
General Safety Tips
Whenever practicing breathwork it is important to be situated in a safe environment. In some cases you may experience dizziness or fee light headed, in some cases although rare you may lose consciousness (pass out). Therefore we recommend lying on the floor or in an area that you will not hurt yourself if you fall. It is also important that you never perform while driving, in water (drowning can occur) on in any situation that passing out could harm yourself or others.
A report from 2013 documented the results of 11,000 people over 12 years who participated in a certain type of intense breathwork sessions. In addition to the many benefits that were observed, no adverse reactions were reported. This makes breathwork a rather low-risk modality.
Breathwork has the potential to bring about intense feelings. Because of the strong physical and emotional releases that may arise, it’s not recommended for some people. Please Talk to your doctor before practicing this type of breathing.